At the start of this year the SACP program has launched the project for creating and operating Police Reception Office for citizens. Reception Offices will run in the format of “one stop shop” for all services provided by ASP to the public. After piloting stage of the Station 2 in Tirana, this project will be extended to Berat, Durres, Korca, Shkoder, Vlore and Elbasan police stations.
The aim is to improve the quality of ASP services by:
- Improving infrastructure of Reception Office and making these facilities more welcoming and more comfortable bringing so improving police image
- Created a unified environment to host all services provided by the RP;
- Simplified police procedures and limit the number of documents to be submitted by the public;
- Shortened timeframes for providing services that the police provide to citizens;
- Limited public direct contact with employees who deal with the demand by bringing in reducing opportunities for corrupt practices;
- Change public perception of the police as a “frightening” institution and encouraging the public to a collaborative approach with the police.
- Improving communication skills of police officers who work in these jobs.e
Importance of this project is to simplify the processes of police services delivery, accomplished by reformatting processes, analyzing and reducing the number of documents to be submitted, preparation of forms to be filled by the public and shortening deadlines for service delivery.SACP approach is the involvement of partners and strengthening cooperation among social and institutional.
Thanks to close cooperation with the Union of Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Civil Society (AMSHC), was signed and realized a Memorandum of Collaboration with the Ministry of Interior, ASP, SACP, the Union of Chambers of Commerce and Industry and the AMSHC, who form all together Steering Committee of the project. In turn, the Steering Committee shares data and information, identifies suitable for it partners, harmonizes work resources according to priorities, supervises and guides the working groups and any other issues relevant to the project procurement.