Name of Grantee: Change Centre.
The project aimed to enhance cooperation between the State Police and the community, through open public forums including the local actors, representatives of NGOs, youth media approach as a constructive and effective in preventing and curbing the negative phenomena plaguing society today. 4 forums were organized with residents of Region No. 1, Vlora, including Roma community; representatives of local NGOs, girls, etc.,
Project managed to include about 60 youngsters who will be serving as peer-activists for encouraging other citizens to cooperate with police to prevent social phenomena that concern the community.
Budget: 4830 Euro.
Overall Objective: Increase effectiveness of community policing approaches through Public Forums of youth in Vlora city.
Activities and Outcomes:
- a roundtable with 28 local decision-making actors, representatives of civil society, representatives of the Egyptian community and youth;
- 3 education sessions involving 230 students at 9-year-old “Teli Ndini”;
- 3 education sessions involving 220 students at high school “Ali Demi”;
- 4 public forums with the participation of young people per each forum;
- a Road Show in the main boulevard of Vlora town;
- a final workshop with the participation of local authorities, representatives of the District no.1 of Vlore town, state police and youth